Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Time Is Here!

Picture 51

We're three days into December and I haven't set out on my shopping escapade for others because, well, I'm too busy spending all my free time creating my own Christmas wish lists! I'll get around to shopping soon. (I promise.) (Maybe once I get paid in a few days.) Until then, I'll just tell you about what I want this year.

1. This NARS lipstick is perfect. J. Crew catalog after J. Crew catalog I've been admiring the lipstick on all of the models, and who would've thought a mere Google would lead me to find that it's NARS Heat Wave! Located in my local Sephora! It's the perfect red-orange and will look great on any skin tone. Plus, who doesn't want to look like those gorgeous J. Crew models?!

2. This Jenny Lewis and The Watson Twins tour tee dates back to 2008, and while I saw them during that tour, I never picked up a shirt. (I got my hands on a heart-shaped Acid Tongue balloon and kept it tied to my wrist on the Metro ride home, though, but I guess that's a different story.) It's funny. It's Jenny Lewis. What could be better?

3. I'm a smell person. I dig smells. (Obvs, I work at LUSH after all. 30 hours of free aromatherapy a week!) I love smells so much that I've noticed myself almost unconsciously picking up ANYTHING and giving it a sniff. Like, glue sticks. In public. Whoops. Anyway, I fancy the earthy, spicy scents; I want to smell like a cedar tree everyday, all day, and this combo of spruce, birch, pine, and fir sounds absolutely delightful. This Etsy shop also sells soaps and lip balms! In scents and flavors like Pumpkin Pie!

4. I don't wear much jewelry. I only have one earlobe pierced (7th grade experiment with a potato and a safety pin), bracelets get in the way, and I find it hard to wear necklaces with scarfs in the Wintertime, but I love me a nice, simple ring. You can't really go wrong with a single gold band. It's classic, timeless, and goes with anything. Plus, a nice pop on a hand with a freshly painted coat of red polish (my favorite is OPI's Big Apple Red).

5. Oh, Feist. OH, FEIST! You're like a fine wine. Better with age. This is the most perfect Winter album that isn't a Christmas album. It's dark, mysterious, deep, sexy, cold, warm, and beautiful. To have this spinning on the record player while you exchange gifts and sip tea would be a most perfect Christmas. (Comes with a poster, too!)

6. These. Shoes. Ferragamos have got to be my favorite. So classic with just the right amount of detail. Put these on with any outfit and you're instantly the classiest lady around. (I'm clearly concerned with being classic and classy, can you tell?) Pants, skirts, that Jenny Lewis tee, they go with anything. I'd love these in the Scarlet color as well, but black is...classic. (I promise I won't use that word again!)

If you're interested in where you can find these items, or you're interested in BUYING me these items, here are links and details:

1. NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Heat Wave ($24 at Sephora.com); 2. Jenny Lewis Hot Damn T-shirt in Tan ($12 at JennyLewis.com); 3. Lumber Jill Roll On Perfume ($10 from LittleBatch on Etsy); 4. Gold Stacking Ring ($20 from SylviaAnderson on Etsy); 5. Feist's Metals on Vinyl ($15 at FeistStore.com); 6. Salvatore Ferragamo Varina Patent Flats in Black ($395 at SaksFifthAvenue.com).

What are you asking for this year? What are you getting others?

No comments:

Post a Comment